When viewing an access log, there are many different statistics to consider:
- Unique Visitor – Each unique visitor represents a different visitor to your website.
- Number of Visits – Represents the total number of times your site was accessed by the unique visitors.
- Page View – Represents the unique number of pages visited by your visitors.
- Hits – Represents the total number pages accessed (A page can be accessed more than once).
- Bandwidth – The amount of data transferred during the processes of a visitor accessing your site.
Access logs can often be broken down by different variables, including but not limited to:
- Operating System
- Screen Resolution
- File Type